RUAG supplies integrated assemblies for the military airframe industry. Engineering resources are provided to support build-to-print and build-to-specification requirements.
We are single source supplier for a number of aircraft delivering components such as stabilizers, ailerons and leading edges.
These high-tech military programmes strengthen our core competence, the manufacturing of lightweight airframes based on:
- metal bonding of steel, titanium and aluminum
- production of sandwich parts with aluminum or NOMEX honeycomb cores
- prepreg / autoclave manufacturing of parts made of fiber reinforced plastics
- Resin Transfer Molding processe
Some of the key projects in which RUAG is involved:
- Boeing: F/A 18 HORNET C/D & E/F wing movables
- Dassault: RAFALE under wing fuel tanks
- Eurocopter: NH-90 main rotor parts
- Northrop: F-5 TIGER and T-38 flight controls
- Pilatus: PC21 fuselage
- Pilatus: PC7, PC9 and PC21 structural parts and assemblies
- SAAB: GRIPEN drop tanks