At 11:45 a.m. in Emmen, the plant fire department of the industrial park on Seetalstrasse was alerted because smoke was detected in the basement of the RUAG wind tunnel in Schiltwald. The emergency services were on site within a few minutes and were able to stop the smoke development. Employees were evacuated from the entire building as a precaution and informed accordingly. No persons were injured.
Shortly after 12:00 noon, the cause of the smoke was found and eliminated. This arose during repair work on the wastewater pipe. Residual substances presumably came into contact with water vapor. In the meantime, the affected building could be reopened.